Friday, December 25, 2009

Review: American Apparel Nail Polish



It seems all I'm really interested in these days is nail polish.
Last night, I received my order of nail polishes from American Apparel.
I purchased the following shades (from left): mouse, hunter, office, peacock and factory grey.

Having the patience of an 4-year-old, I applied peacock roughly 3 minutes after tearing open the package. I was going to post a picture, but my hands look pretty rough (Canadian winter, yo) and I didn't want them to look like the model from the Free People website.

Anyhow, here are my initial reactions:

1. Colours are incredible. They're vibrant & opaque (I HATE HATE HATE SHIMMER).
2. The formula dries at an average rate (no where near as close as Gosh but faster than Essie).
3. I didn't apply a top coat, and there appears to be some chipping. But I really think that would happen with any nail polish when not prepped and finished properly.
4. They're free of DBP, toluene, and formaldehyde. Always a plus.
5. Each is $6 bucks, which is pretty decent if you ask me - especially for shades of this caliber.

Long story short: buy 'em (but only if you wanna).

-D

Update Feb 11, 2010:
Sorry this is late, but turns out that the nail polishes are off the shelves due to quality issues with the glass the nail polishes were placed in. Mine are still a-ok, and I'm still a fan.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comment!