Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Well done without the heat


No one wants to look like an oompa loompa, but I see dozens of women who fall to the fate of bad self tanners every year. It's kind of an epidemic really.

Last week showed signs of warmer weather, so I FREAKED out and decided that I needed to nix the tights and bust out the sandals. But first, I needed to prepare. My legs are totally not the same colour as the rest of my body. My face and arms boast a pretty natural almond colour, while my gams are about 3 shades lighter with obvious yellow undertones. I knew that I needed a self tanner, but didn't want to shell out the big bucks - so I dragged Nathalie to the drug store and bought NeoStrata Natural Insta-Tan. The stuff costs roughtly $30 and it rules. After two coats of the stuff, my legs were a nice, toasty colour and a week later, the colour's still there. They say that you should re-apply 1 to 3 times a week to keep the shade in tact. Best of all, this stuff doesn't have a nasty smell. Like all self tanners, you have to make sure you've covered your skin evenly and wash like you have OCD after applying.

-Diana

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comment!