Friday, July 17, 2009

I spent $200 on a boyfriend blazer.
I've received three reactions:
1. Praise for buying an 'investment' piece that fits well and is sure to transition into later seasons.
2. Disgust and general bewilderment as to why I'd choose to spend that much on an item.
3. General ambivalence - such as my boyfriend who said "whatever, I've spent more money on a video card for my computer".
I'm still not sure how I feel about it. To date, I've definitely spent more than $200 on a bag, but never on a clothing item. But that may have something to do with the fact that I'm not happy at my current weight. I'm always saying that I don't want to buy an expensive piece if there's a chance that I'll get smaller. So I opt for 'disposible' pieces and my wardrobe tends to change every season. I'm 27 now, eating better, trying to exercise more and attempting not to completely dispise the shape of my body. That's why I bought the $200 blazer. It was a way of admitting that this is my body, I'm gonna buy the right size and I've just gotta get over these stupid body issues. Anyway, we know a good tailor so if I ever do drop the weight, I can always see her.
-Diana

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comment!