Thursday, July 23, 2009

Don't You Want My Money?


I've voiced my opinions about this in earlier posts, but now it's really beginning to annoy me.

For those of you who are not familiar with Gilt Groupe, it's an exclusive, by invitation only, on-line shop for luxury brands. They carry women's wear, men's wear, accessories, handbags, footwear, housewears and children's clothing on weekends. Sounds good? Well it is. The sales are spectacular and let me tell you, it is kind of exciting buying clothes on a first come first serve basis (their sales start at noon each day).

The Problem: they haven't been accepting international credit cards since the beginning of this year. I used to shop on Gilt with my Canadian credit card and have my orders sent to my uncle's place in Miami. Those days are now long gone.

I was contacted by a representative from Gilt back in April to explain their security policy and why they can't accept international cards until they get their legal process straightened out. Blah, blah, blah.

Since then, I have called Gilt customer service numerous times to ask when they will once again allow us non-American's to shop on their site. I always get the same response: "We're working on it. Canadians are at the top of our priority list. We're hoping to have it fixed soon." Blah, blah, blah.

For a shopping addict / bargain hunter such as myself, this isn't very consoling. Especially when I see the brands on the site getting better and better with every passing day. Vena Cava, Tibi, Rag & Bone, L.A.M.B., Psycho Bunny, Helmut Lang for men. It hurts to look at!

So all I have to say is, hurry up Gilt Groupe and stop being so prejudice towards your non-U.S. shoppers. My hard earned cash is just waiting to be spent on your site. Don't let another 5 months go by shunning your neighbors up north.

::: Nathalie

For those U.S. people, click here for a personal invitation link to Gilt. Happy shopping. *tear.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comment!