Friday, August 7, 2009

When magazines go on a diet

In fashion, there are few times when being thinner is considered a bad thing. You've probably already heard that Vogue's September issue will mark a huge reduction in ad pages.

Apparently, Conde Nast is showing a loss of roughly 5,000 ad pages this year, which translates to an astronomical loss. I've known that publishing in general has been hurting for a while. The publishing division of the company I work for has cut employee salaries by 20% and given them a 4 day work week (at least they have jobs, right?). Despite knowing this, I was still shocked to see that Conde Nast is offering a subscription to BOTH Vanity Fair and Vogue for $24 annually.

With that said, I'm looking forward to seeing the September Issue. Anna Wintour is known for her ridiculous spending, and I want to see it first hand. I kinda wonder how she's handling things now with her new budget...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comment!