Sunday, January 17, 2010

Review: Ojon Products

I'm not very nice to my hair.

It's naturally black, but I dye it light brown. It's not quite wavy, so I'm constantly straightening or curling it.

After speaking to a coworker about how dry my hair is, she suggested I try Ojon products. A couple of months ago, I purchased Ojon's Hydrate and Restore Collection.

Likey:
• It has exceptional moisturizing properties. All of Ojon's products are formulated with Ojon Oil, which is known for it's restorative properties.
• No more tangles, which is suffer from when I decide to curl my hair.
• Depending on whom you speak to, the smell. After a couple of weeks, I stopped using the products and gave them to my Mom. She went on and on about how she loves the smell, but I didn't really enjoy it that much.

No Likey:
• After washing my hair, I found that Ojon products made it look kind of greasy. My scalp felt oily too. While I hated this, my Mom was into it because she has a super dry scalp/hair.
• It's kind of pricey. Doesn't matter where you look, this stuff costs a lot more than most hair products.

Overall:
While I wasn't too keen on these products in the end, I can understand why some people are obsessed with it. It's probably amazing for those with coarse, curly hair and I know it's good for those with dry locks. I'm one of those people who can't function if I feel like my scalp or hair is greasy, so I wouldn't recommend it for those with hair related OCD tendencies.

Grade:
From me: C
My mom: B+

Going back to Pantene Brunette Expressions,
D

2 comments:

  1. Any recommends for dry hair, for a friend of mine who regularly dyes it?

    ReplyDelete
  2. if your bud is ok with spending some $, i'd go with keihl's olive fruit shampoo and conditioner:
    http://www.kiehls.com/_us/_en/hair/restorative-care/olive-fruit-oil-nourishing-shampoo.htm

    personally, i'm totally in love with pantene's brunette expressions line. it's cheap and i really think it brings out my hair colour. also, it's under $10 each, which is a +
    http://www.pantene.com/en-US/product/brunetteexpress_dailycolorenhanceconditioner.jspx

    ReplyDelete

Comment!