Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Review: hydraSense Nasal Care

So I'm sitting in a boardroom in a meeting that I don't really want to be in, when my coworker sits down beside me. No biggie. We engage in idle chit chat before the meeting starts. Then, SHE COUGHS ON ME. Hello, huge deal-breaker. I felt a tiny splatter of her saliva hit my cheek and a little part of me died. Or at least my immune system did, cause now I've got the first symptoms of a cold.

I have no time for illness of any variety, so I drove over to the nearest Shopper's Drug Mart after work. A few weeks ago, a coworker (not the one who got me sick, thanks for nothing btw) told me about a nasal spray that cleaned her out real nice - mucous, dust and all. It was a pretty horrifying story but I stood there mesmerized thinking "I gotta get me some of that". Today, I did.

hydraSense® claims that it will relieve and moisturize your nasal cavities and help you breathe easier. They also did a study saying that using it while having a cold will reduce symptoms. I was all over it, and it was on sale for $12. My throat was feeling pretty gross all day, but after using hydraSense, it feels better. I've used it three times in total. I'm not sure if it's that or the echinacea based cold meds I'm taking, but I swear I feel better. Also, my office is a dust yard and I'm always congested, so I have a feeling this will come in handy.

So you wanna know how it works? You stick the nozzle parallel to your septum and tilt your head in the direction opposite of where you've placed the nozzle. You spray lightly and the liquid travels up your sinuses and comes out the other nostril (it feels super weird, but kinda satisfying). You repeat on the other side, then blow your nose. I know this isn't for everyone, but it's kind of like using a Biore strip. It's kinda gross, but you know you're getting rid of the bad stuff so you can justify it.

Grade: A (but ask me again tomorrow, it might go up or down).

Gotta sleep this cold away,
D

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comment!