Thursday, June 3, 2010

Guide: Summer Skin Essentials


Nathalie's Summer Skin Care


Just because we love her personal style - here's Olivia Palermo and her pretty minimal makeup.


Summer is here and with it comes the sweaty melty face from wearing a little too much makeup in the hot weather. My solution is to keep it as light and minimal as possible.

A.M. Facial Care
After washing with Neutrogena's Facial Cleansing Bar, I prep my skin with Cucumber Herbal Alcohol Free Toner. Then I dab on Abyssine eye cream, which "diminishes the look of fatigue" and doubles as a wrinkle preventive. I give this a few seconds to absorb before applying Ultra Facial Tinted Moisturized with SPF 15 in medium. I've blogged about it before- this stuff is awesome! It's replaced my M.A.C foundation and I use it year round.

Summer Makeup
Like I said, keep it light and everything will be good. My olive skin is prone to dark under eye circles and some minor discoloration so I use YSL's Touche Éclate in #2 to even out the skin tone. This concealer is pricey at $50 but it stays in place and doesn't fade, which is nice. I set everything with Korres Multivitamin Oil-free Powder in MVP3. For sunny cheeks, I use Korres Monoi Oil Bronzing Powder in Sunglow Light, which is the best bronzer I've tried. It gives a nice colour, not too orange, not too brown and stays on for hours. After applying L'Oréal's Original Voluminous mascara in Black, I curl the lashes with M.A.C's eyelash curler. Finally I finish with a tinted moisturized lip by using either Korres Lip Butters or Kiehl's Lip Gloss. When I don't care for the tinted mouth, I prefer the original Rosebud Salve.

P.M. Facial Care
Wash and tone as usual. At night I prefer Kiehl's Creamy Eye Treatment with Avocado. Then I follow with a light moisturizer - Neutrogena's Oil-Free Moisture for Sensitive Skin. I like it since it's light and doesn't have unnecessary fragrances. When my skin is feeling particularly oily, I'll use Kiehl's Rare Earth Pore Cleansing Masque, which nicely gets rid of the slick-fest.

::: Nathalie

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comment!