Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Review: Jonathan's Finish Hold Firm Hold Hairspray

People are constantly asking me how I do my hair. I really should take a picture to show you and I know this sounds like I'm bragging, but I've honestly mastered the look of 'beachy waves'. Promise I'll post a 'how to' vid on YouTube one of these days when I'm not so busy.

In the meantime, I gotta talk to you about Jonathan's Finish Hold Firm Hold Hairspray. I can't seem to find it on their website, which leads me to believe it's discontinued (WTF is up with my luck, seriously?!)

A few months ago, Nathalie got a few samples from the Jonathan line at Holts and she went on and on about how incredible their conditioner was. For almost a year I've been using Ojon Tunu Finishing Hairspray. Though I'm a huge fan of the product itself, I'm really upset that the last three bottles I've purchased have crapped out on me halfway through due to a faulty spray nozzle. I looked it up and apparently a lot of people have a similar problem. When I saw Jonathan's Finish Hold Firm Hold Hairspray for $5.99 at StyleSense, I couldn't pass it up (along with a pair of Juicy Couture aviators, but that's another story all together). First thing I noticed is that the product is vegan, which I know is a big deal to a lot of you and of course I give props to companies that take our animal buddies into consideration.

What I noticed immediately when I started to use it is that it doesn't have a super strong smell like most 'firm hold' hairsprays (Elnett, I'm looking at you). The scent is actually quite pleasant. Also, it gives off incredible shine. I like the fact that the amount of hold is buildable and doesn't make your hair rock hard immediately. It hasn't been humid recently, but I think this stuff will hold up to the humidity. Overall, a solid product. Now I've gotta go to all the StyleSense locations in the area to make sure that I have a few bottles on hand. At just under $6 a pop, you can't really go wrong. Now I kinda wish I didn't write this cause I want 'em all to myself.

Too tired for a witty sign-off,
Diana

2 comments:

  1. I would appreciate a video, please! I've attempted to do the Olsen Twin-hair thing, but NEVER works.

    My hair always weighs the curls down and is flat in no time!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'd definitely appreciate a video!

    I've been trying to achieve an Olsen Twin-look myself without any success. I can't get half the volume and what curls I do get, fall flat in no time!

    ReplyDelete

Comment!