Monday, March 16, 2009

Grunge



Aritzia SS09 Runway from Aritzia on Vimeo.


We've all seen this coming but watching the Aritzia S/S09 collection confirms - grunge is back!

It was back in the early 90's when I first started paying attention to fashion. At 13, my favorite pair of jeans had once belonged to my father. They were perfectly worn in with slight tears in the knee and the lightest sprinkle of white paint. I tried wearing and tearing my own denim but found it never looked the same. I remember Diana saying that she would sit in a bathtub full of water for hours, wearing her jeans so she could achieve the authentic worn-in look. She would vigorously rub sandpaper on certain ares of her pants to make them look old.

Thinking back I wonder, how did a 13 year old girl fit into her father's old jeans and... would they still fit now?

-Nathalie

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comment!