Thursday, March 12, 2009

Killing the Recession: One bag at a Time

Not that I know a lot about economics or about finance in general - but I tend to agree with those who say that we need to spend in order to get out of this recession. Last week, in an attempt to forget about inane work and relationship woes, Nathalie and I went to Holt Renfrew. Much to my delight and dismay, there was a recently reduced section of bags. And there she was - buttery, brown and too big to ignore. At almost a hundred dollars less than the original price, I couldn't pass up buying the pictured Michael Kors bag.

I'm a sucker, i know. I wasn't alone. In the 20 minutes or so that we were at H0lts, I saw 5 women making purchases. In a time when everyone is hating on spenders and dissing 'Confessions of a Shopaholic' (which I loved, btw) - I have to point out that some of us are turning a blind eye and buying things dispite of the economic climate. I can't help the fact that the recession hit at the exact time that I finally have a career and am making decent money. So I'll stay firm and say I'm doing my part. Sort of.

Diana

Originally Posted: Saturday, February 14, 2009

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comment!